Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stuck.

I'm so close to finishing this story I can practically taste it, but today I've barely been able to write a paragraph. Literally; I've only kept two of the sentences I managed to create this afternoon.
I'm not sure if I'm distracted with other things or if I'm in some way afraid of completing this first draft (I've really grown to love my characters and hate to leave them) and am unconsciously stalling.
Things just aren't happening today. And every time I try to force it (you know, the "just type for a set number of minutes or hours" thing) I feel like what I end up with isn't true to the voice of the story.
So it's break time now. I'll come back to it tomorrow; hopefully with a fresh, revitalized perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Writers block is normal! Don't worry, you will get back on track! I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete