Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fiction writers.

Writing has been treating me exceptionally well for the past week. My novel is coming along again! However, when it comes to this blog writing stuff, right now I've got nothin'. 
So, I leave you with one of my favorite quotes about fiction writers. I'm not sure about you, but I think this often fits me perfectly.

"Fiction writers as a species tend to be oglers. They tend to lurk and to stare. They are born watchers. They are viewers. They are the ones on the subway about whose nonchalant stare there is something creepy, somehow. Almost predatory. This is because human situations are writers' food. Fiction writers watch other humans sort of the way gapers slow down for car wrecks: they covet a vision of themselves as witnesses." - David Foster Wallace, "E Unibus Pluram: Television and U.S. Fiction".

No comments:

Post a Comment